August 26: The Gregg reopens!
Saturday, August 26, 2017
10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
The new Gregg Museum of Art & Design will open its doors at 1903 Hillsborough Street on Saturday, August 26. The day of free events will begin with a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 10:00 a.m. followed by exhibition viewings, activities, artist demonstrations, tours and performances.
Explore the galleries
Docents stationed throughout the museum’s galleries will answer your questions about the three opening exhibitions and the beautiful new museum space.
- Look for the friendly folks with “Ask-Me Docent” nametags.
Enjoy activities and demonstrations
10:15 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Events for the whole family will reflect the Gregg’s collections and mission.
- Make fans and masks inspired by works of art in the exhibitions.
- Pottery demonstrations with Jennifer Siegel of the NC State Crafts Center.
- Make beaded jewelry.
- Wood turning demonstrations with Zach Gregory of the NC State Crafts Center.
- Make your own whirligig.
- Bamboo sculpture demonstrations with artist Will Hooker.
- Create recycled plastic bottle art with environmental artist Bryant Holsenbeck. (10:15 – 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 – 3:00 p.m.)
Discover the pollinator garden
Tour our new habitat for the bees and butterflies, designed and installed by NC State horticultural science students.
- Tours every half-hour beginning at 10:30 a.m.
Become a member
Learn how you can support the new museum by being a member of the Friends of the Gregg.
- Visit the Welcome Tent for free tote bags, cups and fans.
Follow the Gregg as we prepare to open