The Gregg Museum host interns each semester to work with museum staff to learn more about museum work and to assist in fulfilling the institution’s greater mission.
Please visit this internship page for complete details. Interested applicants should send the following materials toJordan Brothers Cao, Assistant Registrar no later than 9am November 9, 2020 for consideration for the Spring 2021 semester.
- a cover letter indicating why you are interested in interning at the Gregg, what skills and/or experience you can bring to the program, and what you hope to gain from the internship
- a current resume including education, work experience, and preferred contact information
Internships currently available:
Interns in the collections department work with art and artifacts in the collection at the direction of the registration staff. Typical tasks include helping the staff complete the following:
- Cataloging incoming gifts
- Inventory of collection objects
- Care of collections, including storage and condition reports
- Assisting with exhibition preparation, installation, and deinstallation
- Assisting staff with object handling to facilitate classes and collection access
- Researching objects in the collection
- Administrative tasks including filing, database entry, and digital file organization