Below you can browse through programs that we have had in the past. If you have any questions about these or other programs, please contact Curator of Education Zoe Starling at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919.513.7244.
Programs for Spring and Summer 2021 are all virtual.
- Thursday, January 21, 4pm | Welcome Week Guided Tour
- Thursday, January 28, 4pm Artist Virtual Interview Series: Andy Nasisse. Colorado ceramic artist and photographer Andy Nasisse talks about his work and process in conjunction with his current exhibition Animate Earth: Adventures in Mimetolithia.
- Thursday, February 4, 4pm | Thoughts from the Artist: Daniel Johnston, Part 1. Youtube launch and gallery walk-through of A Thousand Throws and interview with master ceramic artist Daniel Johnston.
- Thursday, February 11, 4pm | Virtual Studio Visit: Stephen Althouse Artist-photographer Stephen Althouse joins the Gregg Museum from his studio in Pennsylvania to discuss his artistic process and local Amish influences.
- Thursday, February 25, 4pm | Thoughts from the Artist: Daniel Johnston, Part 2. Gallery walk-through of A Thousand Throws and interview with master ceramic artist Daniel Johnston.
- Thursday, March 4, 4pm | YouTube launch of “behind the scenes” interviews with Gregg staff featuring Art Preparator Matthew Gay
- Thursday, March 11, 4pm | Gallery discussion with NC master potter
- Daniel Johnston and renowned NC architect Frank Harmon. Harmon and Johnston explore architectural elements in the Gregg Museum installation A Thousand Throws.
- Thursday, March 18, 4pm | Virtual Guided Tour of Objects of Intention, led by sculptor-photographer Stephen Althouse
- Thursday, April 1, 4pm | Show & Tell: Callot Soeurs Evening Dress. A stunning dress the Callot sisters made more than a century ago (and now in the Gregg’s permanent collection) reveals the obsession with mummies and all things Egyptian.
- Thursday, April 8, 4pm | Virtual film screening – NC State Premiere of All the Possibilities . . . Reflections on a Painting by Vernon Pratt, a documentary meditation on Pratt’s most ambitious painting, a 1,400 square foot systematic abstraction. Live via Zoom, join Marsha Gordon, Louis Cherry, William Dodge, and Arts NC State Executive Director Rich Holly for an online panel discussion after the screening.
- Tuesday, April 20, 4pm Virtual Guided Tour of exhibitions at the Gregg Museum. “Walk through” current exhibitions at the Gregg Museum with a live guide from the museum staff, via Zoom.
- Thursday, April 22, 4pm Earth Day Film – Chasing Coral Using footage from thirty countries, director Jeff Orlowski spent three years creating a film that seeks to raise awareness of a global climate catastrophe already well underway.
- Thursday, May 6, 4pm You Tube Launch of Japanese Redware, a Show & Tell video that examines a single object.
- Thursday, May 20, 4pm Virtual Exhibition Tour Guided Tour of virtual exhibitions.
- Beginning Tuesday May 25 Silent Film Celebration A film series highlighting women, people of color, and explorations in silent film. All summer through August 29.
- Thursday, May 27, 4pm YouTube launch – Gregg Staff “behind the scenes” interview with Assistant Registrar Jordan Cao.
- Thursday, June 3, 4pm YouTube launch – Show & Tell: Chris Hondros Liberian Government Troops Push Back Rebels.
- Friday, June 4, 3pm IN CONCERT: Kirsten Jermé, Cellist. Grand Lobby.
- Thursday, January 9, 3pm and 6pm | Wolfpack Winter Welcome Week: Guided tours of the museum and its current exhibitions.
- Thursday, January 16 6pm |Poetry reading with Jeffery Beam, from An Elizabethan Bestiary Retold. Ippy Patterson’s illustrations also featured.
- Thursday, January 23 6pm |Double exhibition opening reception for All That Glitters—Spark and Dazzle from the Permanent Collection and Design by Time.
- Thursday, January 30 6pm |Sketching in the galleries led by Education Program Assistant, Christina Wytko.
- Thursday, February 6 6pm |Guest lecture with Adam Hartstone-Rose. “Visualizing Past and Future Species”.
- FEBRUARY First Friday at the Gregg – February 7 5:30-7pm |NC State Woodwind Quintet
- Thursday, February 13 6pm |Film screening: Tom Tykwer’s Sundance prizewinner Run Lola Run.
- Friday, February 21 6pm |(snow date)Exhibition opening reception for All is Possible— Mary Ann Scherr’s Legacy in Metal.
- Thursday, February 27 |6pm – All Is Possible Tour Highlight tour with curator Ana Estrades of All is Possible—Mary Ann Scherr’s Legacy in Metal.
- Thursday, March 5 6pm |Short lectures in conjunction with Art’s Work in the Age of Biotechnology
- MARCH First Friday at the Gregg – March 6 5:30-7pm |Irish Sessions at NC State
- Tuesday, March 10 3pm |Highlight tour of All is Possible—Mary Ann Scherr’s Legacy in Metal.
- Thursday, March 12 6pm |Docent tours of all the open exhibitions.
- Thursday, March 19 – CANCELED Guest lecture: “Of Space Suits and Gas Masks: The Biosensing Jewelry of Mary Ann Scherr” by Kayleigh Perkov
- Thursday, March 26 – CANCELED Yoga in the Garden.
- Thursday, April 2 All Is Possible Tour – NOW VIRTUAL All is Possible—Mary Ann Scherr’s Legacy in Metal
- APRIL First Friday at the Gregg – CANCELED
- Tuesday through Thursday April 7, 8, 9 – 2020 Eco Film Series – CANCELED
- Tuesday, April – CANCELED Highlight tour of All is Possible—Mary Ann Scherr’s Legacy in Metal.
- Thursday, April 16 – CANCELED Artist talks: From Design by Time, and Art’s Work in the Age of Biotechnology
- Thursday, April 23 Opening Reception – CANCELED, RESCHEDULED FOR 2021 Across the Threshold of India—Art, Women, and Culture, featuring photographs by Martha Strawn
- MAY First Friday at the Gregg – CANCELED
|AUGUST 4, Virtual Guided Tour|
|AUGUST 11, Virtual Guided Tour|
|August 20, 4pm Virtual Guided Tour of the Gregg. Join Gregg Education staff as they provide a virtual walk-through of the museum’s online tours.|
|Sept 3, Premiere 4pm|
“A Conversation about Art” The first of three interviews with Roger Manley, Director, Gregg Museum. On the Gregg’s YouTube Channel.
|Sept 17, 4pm Virtual Guided Tour of the Gregg|
|Oct 1, Premiere 4pm|
“A Conversation about Art” – discussions with Roger Manley, Director, Gregg Museum (second of three).
|Oct 15, 4pm Virtual Artist Talk and presentation with sculptor-photographer Stephen Althouse. Objects of Intention, now open at the Gregg Museum. (via Zoom)|
|Oct 22, 12pm A Conversation with Artist Susan Harbage Page and Gregg Director Roger Manley (via Zoom)|
|Oct 22, 4pm Virtual Guided Tour of the Gregg – Featuring Borderlands-Evidence from the Rio Grande, photographs by Susan Harbage Page.|
|Nov. 5th – “A Conversation about Art” Last of three in-depth interviews with Roger Manley, Director, Gregg Museum. On the Gregg’s YouTube Channel.|
|Nov 12, 2020 Livestream of “A Thousand Throws” inatallation. Now available to view on YouTube|
|Nov. 19th Virtual Guided Tour of the Gregg|
|December 14th Windhover Instagram Livestream event.|
|December 17th Virtual Tour of the Gregg|